Tuesday, July 15, 2008

My BIG little girl, or is that Little big girl?

Well, Kit had her 12 month check-up today. She's 29.75 inches and 17.5lbs. Yup, she gained half an inch and half a pound in the last few months.You could have fooled me and Brent though. We could both swear that she was at least 20 lbs, and a little taller than that. So the DR. has us putting extra calories on everything she eats to get her back to gaining weight. I don't think Kit will mind. She loves the Carnation breakfast mix in her milk (she just chugged an 8oz bottle in the time it took me to get to this sentance!), and the rest is all adding cream cheese and/ or sour cream and/or real cheese and such to her, well, everything pretty much. He said "she's not going to eat a cracker without some spread on it." Hehehe! But yea, Kit has reached a lot of milestones in the last month. Our pediatrician has an "ages & Stages Questionaire" that they have you fill out. Kit met all but one on the list. So in short she's:
  • pointing
  • feeding herself (even with a spoon if the food sticks to it and mom refills it) and feeds others
  • standing by herself
  • climbing on everything (she almost got from a box onto a chair and almost on the table before mom caught her)
  • go up and down the stairs unassisted (although mom trips sometimes)
  • walk assisted (mom, dad, couch or walker)
  • She gets the concept of throwing the ball to the dog, and can throw it about a foot (forwards and sometimes backwards when she lets go too soon)
  • She has words for "mom," "dad," "ball," "dog," "Comet," "up," and I thought "more," but that has turned into a "feed me/more"or just plain "gimmie Food!!"
  • She also says "sit" to the dog, not because she understands it, but because mom says it to him so much. :)
  • She can wave "hi,"but doesn't get the "bye" but we don't really say that to her, so that's understandable.
  • She can find things wherever you hide them
  • She knows what she wants and freaks out when she doesn't get it.
  • She loves looking out the window
  • She can climb up her slide, turn, and slide back down.
  • She can give kisses, and they're even usually closed mouthed too!
  • She has now about a 10 min. attention span ( 5 min for movies)

(A list in short huh?) anyway, she's just a joy most of the time. She still only has four teeth, but her two second teeth on the top should break through any day now. She weaned herself a few weeks ago. Once she started using a pacifier it was just a small step to a bottle. I had a bit of formula left, and she usually didn't drink it, but Melly mentioned putting chocolate in Leah's milk to get her to drink it, so I tried it with the formula, and Kit started taking it. So I siphoned her off of breast milk, & polished off the formula. Then on the the cow's milk! I put a little chocolate in that at first, but after a week I cut her off the chocolate (hehehe now I'm back on & putting MORE in). :)

1 comment:

Mel said...

What a cutie! That is quite the impressive list of words that she says. That's great that the weaning was pretty painless. I remember putting fatty things in Leah's food when she was a year old, too. I put cream cheese on everything. Kit is looking like such a happy girl.